Use your writing and English skills in practical and pre-professional ways, while earning credit for up to 3 units towards your major or minor.
There are numerous internships in Tucson and beyond for English and creative writing majors.
- Check out our internship listings for organizations specifically looking for English and Creative Writing interns!
- View the UA Career Development information and search internships on Handshake
- Check the internship postings from the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Applying for Internship Credit
Once you find an internship (more on that below) and have been interviewed and hired, you can apply for internship credit.
- Fill out your portions of the Internship Work Plan.
- Have the internship supervisor fill out pages 2-4 and sign.
- COVID-19 update: If your internship is NOT REMOTE, please complete the Assessment of Recommended COVID-19 Workplace Risk Management Protocols for Credit-bearing Experiential Learning Activities form.
- Return the completed application in to the front desk in our English Office (Modern Languages 445) OR send it (filled out and signed) as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the Internship Coordinator and Director of Undergraduate English sign off on the paperwork, you will be registered by the department and will receive notification via email.
In order to receive academic credit, you must complete these steps and receive a confirmation email that you have been registered.
It's best you get turn in your application before the first day of classes (slightly later applications may be accepted in certain circumstances).
Summer internships are not always covered by scholarships (summer tuition applies to 'for credit' internships).
Meet with your advisor regarding application of internship credit toward your degree.
All students interning for academic credit, must log in to the Internship Course via D2L at the beginning of the semester. Intern credit and grades will be assigned based on coursework done throughout the semester in tandem with internship work.