Graduate Student Resources
English Graduate Union
The English Graduate Union represents all English graduate students at the University of Arizona. Founded in 1991, The group monitors graduate student workload, advocates for graduate student concerns and issues on many departmental and administrative levels, and mobilizes graduate students across the campus around important issues like health care, tuition remission, workload reduction, and childcare.
English Department Research-Related Funding
- Graduate Student Research Fund - Covers a maximum of $500 for travel costs to conduct research or fieldwork.
- EGU Travel Funds ($500) - Covers a maximum of $500 for conference travel
David L. Patrick Spring Dissertation Fellowships - RCTE & Literature, spring semester support for writing the dissertation
Other Campus Funding Sources
- Graduate College Fellowships - A wide range of research, travel, and other kinds of support for graduate students at UA. Eligibility and criteria vary.
- SBSRI Graduate Student Awards - Offers pre-doctoral research & travel funding, as well as dissertation support.
- Confluencenter Graduate Fellowships
- GPSC Research and Travel Support
- Peace Corps Coverdell Fellowship
Graduate Assistant/Associate Teaching Awards
Visit the WIRe website (sign in with your NetID) for information and applications for the following teaching awards:
- Barry Briggs Teaching Award
- Julie Christakis DeFazio Excellence in Teaching Award
- Difference & Inequality Teaching Award
- Ruth Gardner Teaching Award
- Johnnie Raye Harper Teaching Award
- Tilly Warnock Summer Fellowships
- Writing Program Fellowships
- Professional & Technical Writing Teaching Award
- Wildcat Writers Teaching Award