The University of Arizona Writing Program is looking for a social media-savvy, self-motivated intern to help design, launch and maintain Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts.
Reports to: Writing Program Public Relations Coordinator Casely Coan
• Attending weekly or bi-weekly project management meetings
• Tracking hashtags trending among UA students on a weekly basis
• Identifying other relevant social media accounts
• Gathering examples of ‘real life’ student writing situations (such as those they will encounter within their respective disciplines and upon their chosen career paths)
• Identifying events on campus to connect with
• Occasional input on social media content phrasing and language
• Help identifying students who may be interested in being featured
• Potential assistance and support for program blog editorial board
• Other duties as assigned: Other duties may include: • Soliciting authors to create content • Being on-hand to document departmental events (take photos, record details, etc.).
Hours: Interns will be scheduled for 7.5 to 8 hours each week. The project allows for a flexible schedule. While we will track the hours the Intern puts in to report back to the University of Arizona English Department, we are more interested in the completion of tasks.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship; however this qualifies for the 3-credit internship for ENGL 393 or equivalent.
To Apply: Send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com