The University of Arizona Writing Program is looking for a tech-savvy, self-motivated intern to help design, launch and maintain a program blog.
Reports to: Project Co-Managers Sean Bottai & Erin Whittig
- Attending weekly or bi-weekly project management meetings
- Copy editing, fact checking and optimizing blog posts
- Communicating with and assisting writers in publishing content to the blog
- Managing the tagging and categorization of posts
- Assisting in blog design & formatting decisions
- Advertising and publicizing blog to internal and external audiences
- Other duties as assigned
Other duties may include:
- Soliciting authors to create content
- Managing blog-related social media
- Being on-hand to document departmental events (take photos, record details, etc.)
Interns will be scheduled for 7.5 to 8 hours each week. The project allows for a flexible schedule. While we will track the hours the Intern puts in to report back to the University of Arizona English Department, we are more interested in the completion of tasks.
This is an unpaid internship; however this qualifies for the 3-credit internship for ENGL 393 or equivalent.
Ground-floor experience launching a multimedia project. Development of digital content creation skills. Networking opportunities and job skills development. A fun and engaging work environment located on campus.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Strong Internet research skills
- Familiarity with Wordpress/Wix
- Familiarity with blogging conventions
- Strong interest in writing
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively on a team
How to apply
Send a cover letter, resumé and writing sample (1000 words-ish). A portfolio of digital work (web design, digital content creation, etc.) is appreciated, but not required. Send in the application materials via e-mail with Word or PDF attachments to Sean Bottai at email@example.com. Please put “Program Blog Intern” as the subject header. We will contact you only if you have been selected for an interview.