Job Duties & Requirements
- Editing of manuscripts after peer review to ensure completeness of information and conformance with FAO style guide.
- Assisting authors through the revision process including answering questions about how to best achieve the desired style
- Maintaining updated FAO style guidelines in accordance with the needs of the editors and the publisher Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent technical writing and proofreading skills
- Understanding of clinical medical research
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Familiarity with editing tools in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat
This is an unpaid internship. Course credit can be arranged through the University of Arizona English Department Internship Office (contact Stephanie Pearmain: email@example.com). Expected work hours are 8-13 per week (depending on length of semester or summer session) on a flexible schedule. Hours should be tracked by the intern and reported to the Internship Supervisor.
Please send a cover letter, resume and two short nonfiction writing samples or excerpts of no more than 500 words as Word or PDF attachments to Daniel Latt, MD PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “FAO Editorial Intern” as the subject header. We will acknowledge receipt of your application within 24 hours