APPLICATIONS ARE NOW ONLINE. Deadline for receipt of all application materials is January 15, 2017.
There are two on-line applications, English MA or English PhD. If you plan to pursue the PhD after earning the Master’s, you should apply for admission to the PhD program now. If you do not plan to pursue a PhD, then apply to the MA in English program.
1. Apply through the Graduate College online portal here.
Students should apply to the MA in ENGLISH ONLY if they are interested in a terminal degree. If you are admitted to this program and then decide to go on to the PhD here, you will have to re-apply, with all the documents and fees, to the ENGL PhD. Please let us know if you have questions.
This will include the following:
• Graduate College application
• Domicile Affidavit
• Application fee ($85), payable to the University of Arizona
2. Complete the Literature Program Online Application (either English MA or PhD):
The application will include the following elements (please see program guide here):
• Curriculum Vita
• Statement of purpose
• Official copies of transcripts from all colleges attended-you may download unofficial on-line for review purposes. If you are admitted, you will need to mail official transcripts to the program.
• Three academic letters of recommendation (your recommenders will be able to submit their letters through the online application system)
• Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. Subject test is optional. Ask that your scores be sent to Institution Code #4832 ; Department code # 2504 Must be dated within 5 years of enrollment
• A writing sample (in the form of a critical paper; recommended length 10-20 pages, maximum of 25 pages)
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY:
• TOEFL 550-paper or 79 internet. Scores must be dated within 2 years of enrollment. Click here for more information.